Thacher moved into its current home at 1425 Blue Hill Avenue in 1989. The building was designed to be a Montessori learning environment with easy access to the outdoors, plenty of natural light and a floor plan well-suited for children. In spring 2008, Thacher embarked on a building program to add a second floor to the building. This project was completed in fall 2008.
Other features include:
Thacher now has four Children's House, two Lower Elementary, two Upper Elementary and one Adolescent Program classrooms. In 2008 the addition of the Toddler Program was the culmination of a vision for a complete school providing the highest quality Montessori education to diverse, excited, and curious children from all over the South Shore and Boston area.