We determine this with a thorough evaluative process beginning with your application through FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition). FAST, created by Independent School Management in Wilmington, Delaware, is a secure online program that evaluates a family’s ability to pay tuition based on a variety of factors. Among the factors considered are income, net worth, housing costs, number of children paying tuition, and the cost of living in our area.
Upon receiving the FAST recommendation, Thacher’s Financial Aid Committee evaluates the recommended award based upon our applicant pool and available dollars. We assess each application on a case-by-case basis and review all applications comparatively to ensure equity and fairness in our decisions. We expect that if both parents are living, both will contribute to their child’s education to the best of their abilities. We believe that the family and extended family of the students have the primary responsibility for funding a student’s education. Therefore, all possible sources of funding should be explored and secured by the family before Thacher can consider an award.
Our Financial Aid Process:
- To begin, please review the Parent User Guide, which will answer many of your questions about the FAST process. (Parent User Guide in Spanish).
- Please visit the FAST website and begin your application.
- Your filed 2019 Federal and State Income tax returns are required and must be sent to FAST by the January 29th deadline.
- An application fee of $45 is required and paid to FAST online by credit card.
- Your application must be complete by the deadline of January 29, 2021. Applications cannot be processed after the deadline.
If you have any questions regarding financial aid, please contact either:
Chief Financial Officer
Head of School