Middle School Co-Teacher
Thacher is accepting applications for a Middle School Co-Teacher.
Thacher Montessori School is accepting applications for a Middle School Co-Teacher.
The ideal teacher candidate will have the following:
- At least three years of Montessori teaching experience at one level
- AMI or AMS Montessori training (6-12 Diploma required) and Middle School Program
More importantly, we are seeking teachers with the following:
- Knowledge of Montessori theory
- Experience with how to apply Montessori theory successfully
- A talent for innovative problem-solving that is consistent with those same Montessori principles and practices
- An affinity for learning while leading a class
- A desire to shape a connected community of staff, parents, and students
Thacher teaching staff members strive for the following qualities:
- Flexibility in addressing student’s needs
- Excellent observation skills
- A sense of humility with peers
- Great communication skills with parents
- The ability to listen and be present
Located within a half-mile of Boston city limits, the school enjoys a rich cultural and geographic diversity in a natural setting, lying between a 7,000-acre nature preserve and The Wakefield Estate, a 23-acre arboretum with livestock and specimen gardens. Each of our eight classrooms in a 1989 building designed for Montessori schooling is led by a Montessori-trained teacher, assisted by a second faculty member and specialists at the elementary and middle school levels. The school is AMS accredited for all ages and recognized at the 0-3 and 3-6 levels by AMI. With a strong foundation built over the last 50 years, the school is poised to carry out its missions as a fully realized and still developing Montessori community.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Deba Dunn, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.