Physical Education Instructor
We are accepting applications for a PE Instructor.
Thacher Montessori School is accepting applications for a PE Instructor
Physical Education (PE) Instructor
The ideal PE teacher candidate will have:
- At least three years of PE teaching experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Education
- A genuine passion, motivation, and enthusiasm for teaching elementary and Middle School students
- Flexibility in addressing students’ needs
- Excellent observation skills
- A sense of humility and a sense of humor with peers
- Strong communication skills with students, parents, and colleagues
- The ability to listen and be present
The Physical Education Instructor will design and implement a program in PE for students ages 6 through 14, incorporating team-building activities for all students at least once each month. Following state education guidelines, create age-appropriate activities for physical development for elementary students. The Instructor will provide fun and engaging instruction to help build a health and wellness foundation in the students and will facilitate students’ physical, cognitive, and social and emotional learning through lessons designed to develop skills appropriate to their ability and confidence levels sequentially.
Located within a half-mile of Boston city limits, the school enjoys a rich cultural and geographic diversity in a natural setting, lying between a 7,000-acre nature preserve and The Wakefield Estate, a 23-acre arboretum with livestock and specimen gardens. Each of our 8 classrooms, housed in a 1989 building designed for Montessori education, is led by a Montessori-trained teacher assisted by a second faculty member. The school is AISNE and AMS accredited for all ages and recognized at the 0-3 and 3-6 levels by AMI. With a strong foundation built over the last 50 years, the school is poised to carry out its Mission as a fully-realized and still-developing Montessori community.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Deba Dunn, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.