Our core values are grounded in astrong foundation of authentic Montessori philosophy and pedagogy, which guides our curriculum, community, and school culture.
- We have deep respect for each child’s individual strengths, needs, background, and interests.
- We approach learning and teaching with a focus on hands-on work, exploration, and discovery.
- Our classrooms and outdoor environments are carefully prepared to be beautiful, inviting, and inspiring.
We are committed to creating a challenging, dynamic, and robust academic program, developing students who have a love of learning, value hard work, and strive to reach their full potential.
- We nurture collaboration, self-expression, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- We nurture creativity and curiosity, giving students the freedom for in-depth exploration of individual interests.
- We enable exploration and discovery and understand that mistakes are part of the learning process.
- We are dedicated to providing strong, creative, and excellent teachers.
As a school community, we value and strive to achieve balance in our approach to work and learning.
- For our students this means allowing time to play, discover, be creative, spend time with their families, and explore interests outside of school.
- We promote a work/life balance to support each person’s well-being and individual growth.
- We strive for a peaceful and supportive environment that allows everyone the time, space, and resources to do their best.
- We work towards a holistic experience that brings together academics and real life experiences that speak to the development of the whole child.
We value a community that is inclusive, collaborative, and connected.
- We are welcoming to new students, families, teachers, and members of the wider community.
- We treat each other with kindness and caring, and build relationships at all levels, between all community members.
- We strive to communicate openly, honestly, and with positive energy.
We value all types of diversity and encourage active participation from all members of our community.
- We create and foster an inclusive and diverse environment.
- We educate our community to understand diversity in the world around us.
- We nurture confidence and a strong sense of self in our students.
We value the natural world, both as an extension to the learning in the classroom and as an important way for our community to join together in caring for the earth and its resources. We also value the Montessori prepared environment as a place designed to inspire and support optimal learning.
- We integrate outdoor education at every level, with daily access to outdoor and natural spaces.
- Nature education, exploration,and travel are a core part of our philosophy, learning,community building, and rites of passage.
- Our indoor environment is carefully prepared and cultivated to be a place of calm, child-centered, and transformative learning experiences.
We value and demonstrate respect for ourselves,for one another,and for the world around us.
- We value each other, our work, and our ideas.
- We exercise grace and courtesy, treat each other with kindness, and seek to cultivate positive, respectful relationships.
- We believe in working collaboratively and strive to resolve conflicts in peaceful and productive ways.
- We teach conflict resolution throughout the school.